The team was created in the autumn of 1997 by a group of passionate people, all work colleagues, who wanted to take up the challenge of the Shell Eco Marathon while representing the colors of the Petrochemical Site of Berre. Certain members, all personnel of the site, remained more or less long, but the solidity and the longevity of this team is due to its « hard core »: Guy MARNAT (the team leader), Patrick LOPEZ (the first pilot) and Serge PORATI (the mechanic).
Since then, Stéphane CARNEVALE, current president of the Défi Eco Synergie association, has joined the team and manages the electricity, on-board electronics and engine management. More recently, Denis SILVY, our chief mechanic, and Vincent MARNAT, our logistics coordinator, have joined the team.
For several years, the team has been a partner of the Lycée Pierre Mendès-France of Vitrolles which develops the 3D parts, the optimization of the chassis and the hull as well as the piloting and the race strategies.
Major results / Highlights :
- EcoGreen Challenge: 3rd participation
- 2023 result: 431 km/1L SP95
- Shell Eco-Marathon Europe 2018 – Olympic Stadium Queen Elizabeth II London Proto thermal SP95 : 363km/L
- Challenge EducEco 2016 – Urban Circuit Hainaut Stadium LPG thermal proto : 342km/L (category winner)
- Challenge EducEco 2011 – Circuit of Nogaro Proto thermal LPG : 987km/L (winner of the category)